Are you able to cook on a qualitatively high level? Then we are looking for you.
Located at The Keizersgracht, in the heart of the nine streets you find Amsterdam’s best kept secret: The Dylan Amsterdam. A 5-star luxury boutique hotel where it is all about sincere and personal service and where we would like to create memorable experiences for our guests. At the same spot the in 2009 awarded Michelin star Restaurant Vinkeles and Bar Brasserie OCCO are located. Restaurant Vinkeles is located in an 18th century bakery and has a rich history. The perfect location to enjoy the craftsmanship of our Chef de Cuisine Jurgen van der Zalm, Executive Chef Dennis Kuipers and their team.
The Dylan Amsterdam is looking for a motivated Pâtissier. As a Pâtissier you work in the kitchen team and you work together with Executive Chef Dennis Kuipers. You are able to cook on a qualitatively high level for all different outlets within The Dylan Amsterdam. This concerns a la carte dishes for Restaurant Vinkeles, till Room Service orders and also dishes for the Bar and Banqueting. In this function you assist the Sous Chef. You will have to keep the department running with regard to orders, mise en place, organization and support of the HACCP plan. In addition, you must be able to keep informing yourself and keep yourself informed about all items related to the partie. You have to be able to prepare dishes according to recipe and planning. Working out the proposals in practice and, if necessary, drawing up recipe instructions are also part of the activities.
Who are you?
- You are possession of a degree of the SVH education or a similar education.
- You have gained enough relevant working experience within equivalent hotels and/or restaurants.
- You are fluent in the Dutch language.
- You are a team player, but you can work independently as well.
- You are stress resistant, flexible and enthusiastic.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary and travel allowance.
- Possibility to rent accommodation.
- Overnight stay at the hotel and dinner at Bar Brasserie OCCO after the probation period.
- A Swapfiets is available for you at your first day. This is fully reimbursed for one year.
- Complimentary dry cleaning for work clothes.
- Discount at Michelin star Restaurant Vinkeles and High Wine at Bar Brasserie OCCO.
- Staff Rate at Small Luxury Hotels worldwide.
- Various staff events.
- Discounts on insurance and gyms.
- Possibility to follow internal and external training courses.
Will you become our new colleague? Send your CV and motivation via the link on this website or to firstname.lastname@example.org attn. Myrthe van Ginkel.